Repaint metal amp head...

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by vishuddha, Jan 9, 2013.

1. vishuddha

vishuddha 100% Mediocre Supporting Member

Hey guys... I have all-but-settled on getting a Carvin B1500 because all the specs and reviews look great. But I just cannot stand the boring, flat black color. What on Earth can I do about that?

I love the look of white bass gear, and would have to somehow refinish the head if I got it or it would just bug me and I wouldn't feel happy with the aesthetics.

It is going to be in a rack, so just painting the rack and leaving the amp face black would also be an option... if you think that would be easier, please let me know!

I know a lot of you are going to have an issue with me judging the cosmetics of gear and not purely the tone, and you are welcome to hate that, but I'd prefer only constructive information to be posted here.

Thanks!

2. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    Carvin offers rack cases for their amps with custom tolex as an option. White is probably the least they could do.

3. vishuddha

vishuddha 100% Mediocre Supporting Member

Oh, wow! Thanks! That's exactly what I needed.

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

The sleeve I had supplied with my BX1500 is IIRC Bronco White. I put the amp into a standard SKB rack case because I prefer the greater protection they offer.

5. Register to disable this ad