1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

    The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

    Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

repair Hartke 1400 bass amp?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by katonah4, Oct 7, 2013.

  1. katonah4


    Oct 7, 2013
    Likes Received:

    My son got a Hartke 1400 Bass Amp from someone who was throwing it out because the 1/4" input jack no longer connected properly. It appears to be on a circuit board along with the "send" and "return" jacks, and the "contour switch".

    Is there a way to replace the jack or the entire circuit board described above? If so, how can I find the part? Any other advice? THANKS!!
  2. InsanityAmps


    Jul 9, 2013
    Likes Received:
    Yes! Easily replaceable. The hardest part is getting the circuit board out but pretty still pretty easy if you are mechanically inclined. I used to have a 1400 and the jacks are cheap plastic like many amps. Can't remember exactly which one to replace it with but they are mounted to the circuit board and have a standard pin spacing so just pull the old one out then replace with one with the same pins. Neutrik probably makes the right one. They are available at any electronics distributor like mouser or digikey.
  3. wcriley


    Apr 5, 2010
    Likes Received:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    I believe they're the same jacks that Fender uses on several of their amps. If so, most Fender dealers stock them.

Share This Page