1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

repair Hartke 1400 bass amp?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by katonah4, Oct 7, 2013.

1. katonah4

katonah4

I:

My son got a Hartke 1400 Bass Amp from someone who was throwing it out because the 1/4" input jack no longer connected properly. It appears to be on a circuit board along with the "send" and "return" jacks, and the "contour switch".

Is there a way to replace the jack or the entire circuit board described above? If so, how can I find the part? Any other advice? THANKS!!

2. InsanityAmps

InsanityAmps Supporting Member

Yes! Easily replaceable. The hardest part is getting the circuit board out but pretty still pretty easy if you are mechanically inclined. I used to have a 1400 and the jacks are cheap plastic like many amps. Can't remember exactly which one to replace it with but they are mounted to the circuit board and have a standard pin spacing so just pull the old one out then replace with one with the same pins. Neutrik probably makes the right one. They are available at any electronics distributor like mouser or digikey.

3. wcriley

wcriley

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    I believe they're the same jacks that Fender uses on several of their amps. If so, most Fender dealers stock them.