1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Replace amp or get Tech21 Sansamp VT bass deluxe?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Brisbeard, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Brisbeard

Brisbeard

Hi, I'm currenty playing throught a Laney 165 watt amp rb6 《I think) which is fine power wise for the small gigs we do but I would like to improve the tone. I can't decide whether to go for a new amp, say the tc electronic bg250, or get a Tech21 sansamp vt bass deluxe pedal. Any thoughts?
  2. sketch

sketch

I've had good experience using the VT Bass as a preamp into PA (w speaker emulation on) and into power amp with cab (speaker sim off). It's a nice item with many uses, it made my gigs far better sounding & easier to deal with- having my "amp" controls on the pedalboard is great.
    If you can use your amp's power amp, I'd recommend picking up the VT before another amp.
  3. Brisbeard

Brisbeard

Thanks Sketch. Would you set the amp controls at 12 o'clock and use the VT settings?