1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Replace Mid Controller

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jeffbrown, May 22, 2012.

1. jeffbrown

jeffbrown

The mid controller on my Fender Active V has gone flakey on me, and I need to replace it. The part number, according to the Fender website, is 0049443000. It is designated as a "Control 100KB CNTR DTNT." What does the "100KB" mean? I'm going to guess the CNTR DTNT means "center detent."

Where can I find this? A local shop tells me if he orders from Fender, the part might come in in a couple weeks, or six months (if then) from now. I've looked on eBay, but since I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for, I haven't found one yet...

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!
  2. Turnaround

Turnaround

Disclosures:
    Bass Technician, Club Bass - Toronto
    That's 100KΩ (one hundred thousand Ohms, a.k.a 100KOhms), centre detent.

Correction - it's a 100KOhm pot, Linear taper (B-type), Centre Detent.
  3. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

I had to replace the midrange pot on my active Deluxe P Bass Special, which also has a center detent - it's probably the same pot, if I were to guess... I ordered mine from a Fender repair shop called "House Of Guitars", in Rochester, NY - and it took just under 2 weeks to show up... Odds are strong that you can do the same thing - and it shoudn't cost much, nor take all that long...

- georgestrings
  4. scotch

scotch Will play bass for fish tacos. Plus cash. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    Yup,... looks like this:

[​IMG]

For whatever reason, it took me forever to get ahold of one.

In the meantime I pulled my pickguard off & inspected the original pot. It just needed to be crimped together better. Worked fine after that, so I never replaced it.

I did replace the entire circuit last year with an Aguilar preamp, so I don't need this part anymore! If you pm me your mailing address, I'd be happy to mail it to you, gratis!
  5. jeffbrown

jeffbrown

Scotch, you ARE the MAN! My addy is on the way. I deeply appreciate your generosity.

THANK YOU!
  6. scotch

Disclosures:
    No problem.
  7. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

That's awfully nice of you, Scotch....

- georgestrings
  8. scotch

Disclosures:
    meh,... it's just a part I don't need sitting in a drawer. Gonna try to post it Friday,.. Monday at the latest...
  9. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, SGD Music Products