1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

replace PU's for kramer DMZ 5000

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by njkramer, Nov 13, 2012.

1. njkramer

njkramer

I have never considered switching out the PU's for my bass which is a kramer DMZ 5000 but have recently thought about getting a bit more low end space and clarity.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what PU's I should consider or strong argument as to why I shouldn't switch out the stock DiMarzio's?

2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

I don't have the same bass, but I have a Vacarro 5 string with a mahogany body that I dropped Barts into with an Aguilar preamp and it sounds great.

3. KramerDon

KramerDon

As the 30+ year owner of a Kramer 650B,I'd just say that you've got a classic (valuable)bass that you may not want to modify too much.I'm not an expert but I wonder if you could keep the stock pickups and install a good preamp to help get what you want for sound?

4. njkramer

njkramer

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Twocan

Twocan Supporting Member

I have the same bass and find it hard to believe that "more clarity" is possible with those Dimarzios.

My suggestion would be EQ - my Markbass head has a VPF filter, which between 12 adn 3 make this bass the best tone I've come across. The super booster pedal by Markbass could do the same thing for you.