1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Replacement case for a Rickenbacker

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CircleOfCrows, Mar 9, 2014.

1. CircleOfCrows

CircleOfCrows

Hi there
    Who makes a good fitted replacement case for a Rickenbacker (4003)? Prefer flight case. Strong. Internally fitted. Preferably light physically, but that is second to all of the above. It will see travel.

My original case has had one too many drops/bangs at airports and has finally given up the ghost.

C.

2. Rickenbass

Rickenbass Supporting Member

A light weight flight case?? If you find one, let me know. I doubt they exist. SKB can make their new line of ATA cases to fit a RIC but you need to order in lots of 10.

No one has gone out on a limb and ordered 10, yet. PotR was going to but I guess he could not get 10 to commit.

I own a Calzone ATA case for my Rickenbacker. It is an ATA case but it is by no means light. There is a reason the company use to be called Anvil. It's about as heavy as an anvil!!

Sepp

3. GM60466

GM60466

SKB case is an excellent choice