1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Replacement H/F driver ?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by sonic 7, Sep 5, 2013.

1. sonic 7

sonic 7 Supporting Member

Hello all, I hope everyone had a great and safe summer, Im kind of looking forward to the crappy weather because it makes me practice more. well anyhow.... It seems Ive blown the H/F horn in my Carvin BRX 210, Its a 4ohm cab rated at 600watts, There are a lot of discussions here concerning drivers but none that answer the questions that I have. Do I need 4ohm driver ? Most available are 8 ohms. What should the wattage rating be ? Do they all just screw on to the horn ?(common threads and diameter) Are there any specs of the crossover that I need to take into account ? Hey Im sorry if this stuff has been covered I just couldnt find it, Thanks !
  2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Call Carvin service and ask them for a replacement. QED
  3. sonic 7

sonic 7 Supporting Member

I'll probably do that, they list a lot of replacement parts but not this one.
  4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Ask them for the one for that specific cabinet. It's not a legacy product.
  5. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Gold Supporting Member

http://www.usspeaker.com/ASD1001s-1.htm

If your cab has a the small tweeter flare that is threaded, chances are it's the 16 ohm version (or Chinese copy) that Carvin uses. If your unit is blown, the PSD1001 will screw right on but the crossover that Carvin uses will probably be designed for the 16 ohm version they use.
    Pull the tweet, read the specs on the driver. If I was in your shoes I'd replace the driver and also the crossover.

Orange COunty Speaker repair has a new 4khz crossover.

http://www.speakerrepair.com/page/product/ae_crossovers/PXB:3K5.html