1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Replacement knobs for my Polytone?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by bopeuph, Apr 29, 2008.

1. bopeuph

bopeuph

Somewhere between staying at my friends' house in Jacksonville, to the truck, to my house, I seem to have lost my volume knob to my Mini Brute. I checked the bed of my truck, and called one of the friends that lives at the house, and no luck finding it anywhere. So, I was wondering, what should I do for a replacement knob? I understand it's near impossible to contact Polytone. But is there a way to order a replacement knob? Or will a universal volume knob work in a Polytone?

Nick
  2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    A pic might help. The Polytone that I am trying to fix has a stacked volume / distortion knob that might be hard to replace, but the other knobs are a standard "spline shaft" that would be easy to replace.
  3. bopeuph

bopeuph

Yeah, my Polytone's volume knob isn't a stacked one; that's on the treble/mid adjustment. I just sort of wanted to keep a matching knob for the amp, but I'm guessing it won't be hard to find something that matches close enough?

Nick
  4. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Try Antique Electronics at tubesandmore.com
  5. alexage

alexage