1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Replacement Necks for G&L

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by caseyg1986, Apr 22, 2007.

1. caseyg1986

caseyg1986

Oct 8, 2006
    Glendora, CA
    Hi, I have a Tribute L2000 that i want to get a new neck for (too wide and I want maple fretboard instead of rosewood). I am wondering how to go about getting a replacement neck for it. I tried calling G&L and no one answered and there doesn't seem to be an email address dedicated to this kind of request. Thanks in advance!
    -Casey

2. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    The Tributes don't have different sized neck options like the US models, sorry. :(

3. Sponsored by:

4. caseyg1986

caseyg1986

Oct 8, 2006
    Glendora, CA
    I know that, but is there a place that I could purchase a new neck? The U.S. a Tributes both have the same pocket size, right? Thanks,
    -Casey

5. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    The only way I know to get a replacement neck for even a US model is to send it in and have one made specifically to fit. Until recently, alot of the work was done by hand- which means a replacement neck couldn't be guaranteed to fit a body correctly. If you really want an L2000 with a skinny maple-boarded neck, I recommend selling your Tribute and looking out for a used US L2000 with 1.5" nut width on the neck...
    That being said, I was lucky enough to find a maple boarded neck on Ebay to replace my old rosewood one (just a matter of preference for me, the original neck is fine- I'm just a constant tweaker!)- and it fit well, though it did require alot of adjustment in action/intonation/neck relief, the old neck was almost an inch longer! This is very rare though- I've only seen 3 G&L bass necks that I can remember on Ebay in the last year or so, and maple seems to be the preferred board- so they are probably going to be harder to find...
    Apparently Moses makes a graphite neck which will fit an L2000- but that ain't maple...It's possible a Stingray neck would fit? but they generally have the wider nut width as well.

Karl

6. flash99

flash99

Jun 8, 2005
    New York City
    US and Tribute necks are not interchangeable.

7. dlb1001

dlb1001

Jan 30, 2007
    Also, if I remember the FAQ's section on the G&L site, there was only one width offered for the Tributes.

8. Laredo

Laredo

Nov 27, 2005
    Upstate, NY
    The new Tribute SB-2 and JB-2 have 1 1/2" nut widths. The JB-2 version has a maple neck option. You could try and contact BBE to see if a maple neck could be purchased. You may have to have it correctly fit by a luthier. The new Tributes are made in a diffferent factory. Worth a try anyway........:meh: