1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Replacement Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JezzaBoyLukini, Feb 22, 2014.

1. JezzaBoyLukini

JezzaBoyLukini

I have an Aria Pro II 5 string bass which I'm "pimping". I want to get new pickups but I don't want to have to rework the pickup housing. The pickups that came out had 4 screws, 40cm apart on each side and 23mm wide.

Are most "Jazz" style pickups made with these measurements or will I have to mess around with the areas that already exist?

Just wondering.
  2. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Supporting Member Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Turnstyle Switch
    Were the pickups the same size?
  3. JezzaBoyLukini

JezzaBoyLukini

As each other? Yes.

I have done a bit of research and found some Dimarzio with the same dimensions. In the end I think the only problem will be with the cut outs for the screws having to be enlarged.