1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Replacement pots for Jack Casady

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by 1stnamebassist, Nov 21, 2012.

1. 1stnamebassist

1stnamebassist

I'm going to need to replace the volume and tone as well as input jack on my Epiphone Jack Casady. Any suggestions or anyone have experience with this bass? I love the sound so I don't want that to change, but my volume stays on slightly when turned all the way down, and the tone is crackling like a bowl of rice krispies when I turn it!

2. Stealth

Stealth Supporting Member

The volume pot's ground leg is probably not soldered to the pot casing (or any other ground point) properly - check if it's making proper contact with the ground and resolder if needed. The tone pot is probably dirty and needs cleaning with contact spray or similar (not WD40 as it's silicon-based and gums up).

If you decide to swap the pots, you need to get replacement 25K pots (a linear for the volume and a logarithmic for the tone) and a regular, T/S (mono) output jack.

3. 1stnamebassist

1stnamebassist