1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Replacement Speaker for Ampeg PR810H

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by WorldCarver, Nov 17, 2012.

1. WorldCarver

WorldCarver

The serial number is pretty much gone but I believe it's dated to 1998. It's been faithful for the two years I've had it but it now has a blown speaker.

My primary question is what do I replace it with? I had a cheaper rig previously, ampeg 410, and replaced the speakers in it with eminence beta 10s but they seemed a bit cheap.

Any recommendations from the experts?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

You have to use the exact same thing, and all 8 must match. I'm sure Ampeg has the specs for the driver you need.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I'd get it reconed.

4. oinkbanana

oinkbanana

what kind of amp were you pushing the cab with?
    because maybe you don't need a 300watt speaker in there (it's a 2400watt cab IIRC?)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. WorldCarver

WorldCarver

Today I figured out it must be the wiring. I'm borrowing two speakers from a friend's Ampeg 810e and and despite replacing and rotating speakers, it's continuing to make the gravely noise. Sorry to mislead with the thread title.

Any ideas to what wiring issue it could be? I didnt notice any soldering flaws or wires prodding out in any unusual ways.