1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

Replacing Ashdown Blueline speakers

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Hathernman, May 3, 2010.

1. Just looked at a thread I started a while ago, looking for advice on replacing the Blueline speaker in my Ashdown ABM Evo 11 500 1 x 15 combo.

Some great advice, particularly from Bill Fitzmaurice.

Even though later than expected, I'm looking to get hold of a replacement speaker and junk the Blueline - many adverse comments in many threads regarding the quality of these drivers.

However, I don't want to make matters worse by fitting a speaker that is not matched to the cab.

Bill FitzM suggests the Eminence Deltalite II 2515 or Kappalite 3015.

Anyone know these will work well in my combo? I

2. Bassmec

Bassmec

May 9, 2008
    Ipswich UK
    Disclosures:
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    Bill made these suggestions, I would seek out cabs with a kappa lite and delta light drivers and make your choice.
    From what my ears tell me the eminence 3015 is very hard to beat in practical terms, The JBL Dual-drive neo offering with a similar frequency response and power handling is at least twice the money and I have never heard one used in a bass guitar rig yet.
    Never heard one of these either:
    http://profesional.beyma.com/pdf/15P80NdE.pdf
    but I suspect Bill will agree if its figures are reality its a real contender in this class.:bassist:

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Disclosures:
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Like most Beyma, and B&C too for that matter, it's much better suited to PA than electric bass. IMO the 2515 and 3015 will both work better, all things considered.

4. i have a question as well (hope to not derail thread)

I have a MAG 210T that I am pretty sure I blew a speaker in 2 nights ago. I was thinking about replacing it with 2 Deltalite II's. I was thinking about wiring it without the tweeter to make it 4 ohm cab. with 2 of them rated at 300W would them together be 600W if i wire it at 4 ohms?

Any help would be great. I know Bill Fitzmaurice is the local help and great knowledge on this.

I calculated the volume, but i used the dimensions of the cab, so it is exterior dimensions. it is 4.263 cu.ft

I know little about this stuff so any help would be great.

5. Sponsored by:

6. billfitzmaurice

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Disclosures:
    2510s will work fine in that.

7. thanks a lot.

if i wire 2 of them in parallel i will get 4ohm load for the cabinet(as i will remove the tweeter from the wiring) what would the end wattage handling be? if one speaker can handle 300W?

8. billfitzmaurice

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Disclosures:
    The presence of a tweeter has no effect on the impedance load. 2510s handle 250w thermal, a pair will take 500 thermal, but they are displacement limited to about 100 watts each. That's still well above average for tens.