Replacing speakers on Hartke 410

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by westkoots, Jan 14, 2013.

1. westkoots

westkoots

Wondering what speaker anyone might recommend to replace a blown one on my 400w Hartke 410.Head is GK 700RB 480w.

2. David Jayne

David Jayne

A Hartke speaker. Putting some other speaker in there is not a great idea. They really need to be matched, to each other as well as to the cabinet.
    Larry will probably be along soon to help.

3. joelb79

joelb79 Supporting Member

Just call Hartke and order a replacement speaker. Alternately you can check around on Ebay and find what your looking for as well. I didn't see any on a quick check though, just the 5" mid/high drivers.

4. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

+1 for Hartke.

They're cheap(ish) and work well with the remaining ones.

Assuming the cone hasn't disintegrated to smithereens, have You inspected the dust-cap?

IMLE 9 out of 10 "blown" (intact ;)) Hartke speakers have just a detached dust-caps to produce that horrible sound.

Regards
    Sam

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit Supporting Member

+1

This was my experience way back in the day with my two Hartke 410 cabs. Over time, the dust caps on several of the speakers began to come unglued from the speaker. Fixed this myself and all was good. You may want to closely inspect them for any sign of lifting around the dust cap's edge before resigning the speaker as blown, as it will produce a sound very similar to a blown speaker (buzzing/distortion sound).

If a replacement is in order - definitely another Hartke speaker, as others have stated.