1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

replicating this tone

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by graver555, Feb 6, 2013.

1. graver555

graver555

yes I know I know its a song about a pony, my question is, how can I get a similar tone out of my bass to whats in this song.

I really love the bass to this even though its a synth.
    What I have gearwise is a squire p, a Ibanez ex, an acoustic b100, and a Boss GT 6B pedal board.

Any techniques or effects I can get out of the pedal board to help?
  2. Mykk

Mykk

*** was that?!

As far as the bass is concerned, you're looking to play a synth for that sound. I remember years ago I had a in-rack compressor with a sub-harmonizer built in. That gave a sound similar to this, it was also a very fast and easy way to eat up any amplifiers headroom and thermally overload speakers.
  3. graver555

graver555

Ok so dont melt my rig, gotcha for the most part the longest at a time I play is an hour at jazz band where I dont plan on sounding like that anyway.
  4. mpdd

mpdd Supporting Member

wmd geiger counter
  5. graver555

graver555

....I definitly thought you were being sarcastic until I googled it....

That looks really cool though.
  6. mpdd

mpdd Supporting Member

if you want to bring some synth bass or atari to your project it's the way to go, it's also amazing with an envelope filter