1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Reranch touch up pens - anyone use them?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by friskinator, Dec 12, 2013.

1. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

I'm considering buying one of the Reranch touch up pens to fix a couple of small chips/dings on a bass that I previously refinished in Reranch nitro. Does anyone have any experience with those, and if so, were you happy with the results? I do have some of the matching color and clear left in rattle cans, so I was wondering if I could just drop-fill the problem areas with that instead of paying for the pen.

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks.
  2. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

I bought the clear and the vintage amber.
    The amber is yellow and stands out like a sore thumb.
    I haven't had much luck with them.
  3. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

I'd be using the matching color and standard clear, so I don't anticipate any color/shading problems. I just wanted to know if the pen would achieve a better result than doing it with a few drops of paint from the can applied with a toothpick or tiny brush.