1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Reserected bass player

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by LowDownChick, Dec 31, 2013.

1. LowDownChick

LowDownChick

Hi everyone !!!
    Well my 15 yr old nephew got me a new bass for Christmas cause he's a drummer and I think he wanted somebody to play with . I think it's the sweetest thing anyones ever done for me. I haven't played in 13 yrs. Been writing songs on an acoustic 6 string forever. But looks like I'm on a mission to make my nephew happy . I can't think of a better reason to get back to bass. I was in a metal band 13 yrs ago and my Mom got sick and i took care of her till she died in September. So I moved out to Colorado to be near my brother and his family. I never thought Ide play another bass but here I am...loving it !!!
    Peace , love and rock on !!!
    Gypsy

2. sound of bass

sound of bass

I think thats great! Run with it and make him proud!

3. neckdive

neckdive

Good for you AND him. He must thnk very highly of you to spend a decent amount of cash (at 15 yrs old) for such a purchase. Even if he did ONLY buy you a bass just to accompany him (which I don't believe), he is clearly dedicated to his drumming enough that he would invest his money, not in new gear for hmself, but in new gear for someone else. That means that new bass CAN'T live in the closet or in its case, even a year from now.

Welcome to TB as you'll find tons of additional support for your new passion.

4. LowDownChick

LowDownChick

Thanks for the kind responses . I'm happy to be here and won't dare let this bass sit in the closet. Anyone who loves me this much is gonna get the very best outta me !!!
    Happy New Year :)

5. Register to disable this ad