1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Resinator First Album! (Metal/Noise)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by omnimutant, Feb 21, 2014.

1. omnimutant

omnimutant

I've been in various bands over the years but never made it into a REAL studio till last weekend. Being all excited about it I'd like to share our First album (digital only for now) with all of you. Were going for an Unsane style 90's Amrep/Alternative Tentacles vibe.
    Hope you like it!
    http://resinator.bandcamp.com/album/brutus
  2. omnimutant

omnimutant

Lots of views, any thoughts? Hate it, love it, don't care?
  3. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Hey man. Seems like the harder stuff isn't really of much interest to a lot of TB (I get the same weird and mildly insulting silence-to-views imbalance whenever I try to share things like this too. Bummer).

I'm huge into abrasive so I thought I'd check you out and say hey. I like your vocalist's intensity, so good. And the band's dog must surely rule.

I think tonally a few things don't work too well. Your bass sound is chief amongst them. It sits in a really strange, rounded place that isn't complimentary or fitting, kind of like the bass on Opeth's 'Morningrise.' That's an interesting album to consider in this context, because lots of bass players tend to love the bass on that album - but when looked at from a production perspective, it's totally inappropriate. Mikael hated that record for ages. No coincidence he had a different rhythm section for the next one.

Great bass tones in and around your style start with Jazzes and P's and, maybe unfortunately for you 'cos you're a fingers guy from what I can tell, plectrums.

Check out Converge, Gaza, and All Pigs Must Die for some cool ideas. Those kinds of bands really helped me with tone shaping for abrasive, anyway.
  4. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow

I like it. Release it on vinyl and I'll buy it in a heartbeat!
  5. omnimutant

omnimutant

I noticed that as well.

Thanks for the replies I wasn't sure I'd get any!
  6. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

It's cool man, I will talk metal and 'core with you anytime.

:bassist: