1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

Respect

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    It's interesting how people feel the need to be disrespectful to fellow tb members, what's even more interesting is how some feel the need to be disrespectful and send a pm apologizing for being so disrespectful. Admitting to being disrespectful but continuing to be really does say a lot.

And for those who did pm me apologizing please don't pm me any more. For the disrespect was continuous and each time it was done you knew what you were doing.

I have never ever,ever disrespected a tb member no matter how ignorant and disrespectful some have been towards me.

If one does not like some of the threads that I start, just don't post in them, if all you can do is be disrespectful to me or any one else who may have posted, if just doesn't make sense.

I start threads to hopefully bring about intelligent debate and to possibly bring a different perspective to the minds of my fellow bass players, not being able to have mature and intelligent debate might not be the way for many to participate and they know who they are, again just don't post.

My life experiences just like any one else's are ours and that is what many can't seem to understand or simply not care too.

Experiences can make us who we are and who we become as we journey through life.

The disrespect towards me and tb members in general has been going on far to long and maybe it's time for me to move on especially since I don't need tb.

What's interesting the ones who seem to have so much malice towards me says a lot about who they are, for they have never had a actual conversation with me but they feel the need to be so disrespectful and negative.

Whats interesting is how some people go through life disrespecting people constantly and when they finally get hit in their mouth they want to say that the person who did it was wrong.

If I don't disrespect you, don't disrespect me.

2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Banned

I hear ya, brother.

What's annoying too is how things can easily be misinterpreted with the written word, too. How many times have I posted something innocently only for it to be taken the wrong way? You can have the same sentence read by a bunch of people and each will inject their own twist on it. Just came from one msg board where a member got offended because he thought another was sarcastic by using "Uhm" at the beginning of his reply.

Your latest thread about being asked to leave your bag at a counter is a perfect example. To me, being asked this would mean that they have been ripped off before and want to prevent it from happening again. You interpreted it as an insult to your integrity/honesty. There's no right or wrong, but there's a difference in interpreting the same request.

It's not just with the written word. :)

3. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

like Mamma used to say,...
    "it ain't easy bein' green"! ;)

hang in there, Jauqo!:bassist:

4. Ziltoid

Ziltoid Supporting Member

Yeah, that last thread was far from respectful, but like most times it's a handful of individuals.

I usually don't mean to be disrespectful, I hope I do not come across as such.

Admittedly I try too hard to be clever or funny and I like sarcasm which doesn't help. Also sometimes the language barrier makes me misinterpret or makes me misinterpreted which doesn't help either.

Long story short: I like you guys.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    I'm sure Kermit (the frog) has had to check a few in his life time.

:)

I'm kool.

7. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Respect - if you cannot accept and appreciate that someone may feel differently than you, if you feel you can't accept that someone may have a different belief system than you, be it religious, political, whatever, then I question that person's respect for themselves.
    Seriously - what else would cause such a driving need to prove someone else's belief's wrong and one's own right if there wasn't something lacking to begin with?
    Now, no disrespect meant to anyone, just food for thought is all.

8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

Jauqo, I think some topics are too loaded for a calm discussion. I also think that once a person's general political views are known, many will see any post by that person as a chance to start going after beliefs with which a hostile poster may differ from the one who starts the post.

Some enjoy the back and forth or enjoy a good internet fight. I have decided to let it go because frankly I think at least some moderators saw me as a trouble maker and ignored abuse directed towards me and we happy to nail me for any possible violation they could interpret. In short, I think the threads I started weren't worth it for me. The internet is full of forums that are designed to discuss the non-bass issues that I like to discuss, and I talk about those issues on those cites.

9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    There is a way to do all of that with out resorting to name calling, the put down of others and so on. Most humans know when they are being disrespectful.

10. Ziltoid

Ziltoid Supporting Member

Relic and Cheese raise good points.

I was raised by two university teachers, arguing is just part of the daily life, we argue all the time. When they invite friends/colleges what do we all do? Discuss (read:argue). It can get pretty intense at times, and usually somebody just does the devil's advocate for the heck of it. Arguing always seemed normal to me, and respectful when done correctly so it kind of surprises me when people get mad over an argument, like it was something personal or a reason to dislike each other. It's as some people believe what they say is a part of themselves and if you do not agree and say so you insult them.

11. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem. Gold Supporting Member

Jauqo, keep your chin up, hon. I know where you're coming from and sometimes it really sucks. Just remember - I think you're awesome - for whatever that's worth.

So...when are you coming to Florida to [del]do a show[/del] visit me? :D

12. Mike M.

Mike M.

I didn't read that particular thread, but I couldn't agree more about things being taken wrong with the written word. You don't know the tone that was intended behind the words and that can lead to trouble. Not to get side tracked from what's intended here, but my ex-wife and my son are perfect examples of this. Things haven't been right between those two for years and instead of talking face to face they try to hash things out thru emails which only throws more fuel to the fire becasue the tone is always taken wrong. It's always..."I didn't mean it like you thought I did"...and of course..."you took it the wrong way, again." With some people it never ends.

That's one reason why I stay a mile away from certain threads here.

13. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    I feel you and you chiming in is really kool

It might be next year but hopefully when it's not to hot.

14. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Having been in retail for a long time, I found that people would be really brave WRT what they would say during a phone call and when they showed up, they were usually not that way. Some were, but most were easy enough to calm them down. Might be that they needed to get it off of their chest or because nobody was there to confront them in person but it could be that they were outnumbered, too. Online posting is the same- the person being verbally attacked isn't in the same place, so the consequences are minimal.

It would be a good thing if we could hear how something was said, instead of just the words.

15. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Banned

Couple that with an alarming rate of people replying within seconds of reading the initial comments and you get a lot of knee-jerk reactions instead of well thought-out replies.

Almost every member is guilty of this from time to time, including me. :)

16. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Yep. This is hard to articulate into words but here's how I see it - if you actually respect the person, you'll respect their beliefs. You don't have to agree with them and you could even go back and forth discussing and dissecting a point, but when it gets to the point of name-calling or attacking, then there's something else in the mix, 100%. Could be a few things. Anything from a lack of confidence in one's own beliefs, to a "hidden" prejudice, to the need to simply "win" at all costs which I find strange as sometimes "losing" can be equated with "learning" But whatever.

17. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem. Gold Supporting Member

Aww...thanks. Can't wait 'til you make it where I can see you play. I wanted to hit the Detroit show you mentioned last month, but it just wasn't in the cards. That would have been a sweet sweet show.

You should be coming down here now - it's nice - chilly at night and 70's during the daytime with a nice breeze and not much humidity.

18. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

If you don't want to get wet, don't get near water. Or something like that.

19. bassbrad

bassbrad

I can only say that TB needs you. I rarely comment on your posts but always give them a look especially when you are prompting us to check out some artist, video or news item.

20. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

I try not to take internet forum based conversations to heart.

21. LarryO

LarryO

Life is too short to worry about this Juaqo. I suggest you put on your backpack and head down to the store to purchase a refreshing beverage. That may relieve some frustration....LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.