Restless after the gig....

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Nowhereboy, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Nowhereboy

Nowhereboy

Man, just played one of the best gigs of my life. We had two support bands and neither of them brought a crowd. At 8pm it wasn't looking promising but by 9pm we had a bar full of people there to see us.

Wow, what a feeling watching the whole place get up and surround the stage when we got on, it was one of those moments when suddenly it all seems worth while. The atmosphere was electric and the chemistry we had as a band was brilliant. The crowd was going mental after every song.

I left the gig on a massive high, decided to pass on the after party for once as I've got work in the morning but I just can't relax. It's such a strange contrast being on stage one minute playing to a crowd of people then being back at home sat on my own in a quiet room the next.

I can't relax, every bone in my body is yearning for a PARTY.

I'm not even sure what the point of this post is to be honest, maybe those of you who have played a great gig can relate. What a feeling man, its going to kill me sitting in an office tommorow after a night like this.
  2. SouthTippBass

SouthTippBass

Well done my friend, I wish you many more in the future. :bassist:
  3. Nowhereboy

Nowhereboy

Thanks fella, it's looking promising!

All the best to yourself good man.
  4. Bassman Ski

Bassman Ski Supporting Member

I know the feeling... Kind of anti climactic.

One band I was in, we had THE BEST gig we ever did... And then the argument between band members started the VERY NEXT DAY. We never gigged again. :scowl::scowl:

Just remember the feeling and get another gig or two or 12 lined up :D
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kedo

kedo

My favorite gigs are those that have a killer DJ spinning after our set. All band members dancing with the crowd... Its a great way to wind down.
  7. Nowhereboy

Nowhereboy

Anti Climatic is a great way to describe that feeling. Sat in a boring office again now.

Meh, maybe one day the band will pay the bills but until then....

Here's to the next one.
  8. dropbass

dropbass

Im jacked and buzzin after every show.. I just sit with the feelings for the awesomeness. ... and usually utilize the boost for the drive home :)
  9. HazySurfer

HazySurfer

It is one of the great rushes in life. The feeling of playing a great gig after a lot of hard practice and sacrifice.
  10. kcole4001

kcole4001

Just keep the memory and enjoy.
    There's not much in life that equals that feeling, that you're doing what you're put on this earth to do.
    Remember that moment when things are rough and you wonder if anything's really worth all the hassle and frustration.

The after gig 'let down' of having to go back to being 'normal' again serves to keep you humble in my opinion, otherwise we'd get our egos blown out of all proportion. ;)
  11. sparkyfender2

sparkyfender2

Absolutely!!

Great, great feeling......

Kind of makes up for the rotten experiences.
  12. makanudo

makanudo

My first ever real gig opening from a big act's farewell tour happened on a thursday, so I had to get up, take a bus, and be at college by 10 AM Friday morning. Needless to say it was surreal being in a quiet classroom, tired, dirty and hungover with all the memories swirling in my brain and everyone else just minding their own business.

I guess the only analogy is what vets talk about getting back home and it seems like nothing ever happened. I know playing a bass is nothing like ducking bullets. I know. I'm just using an analogy :p.

Anyway congratz and have many great ones!