1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Restricted Choice - Which is better?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Cuniliguns, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Cuniliguns

Cuniliguns

Guys,

I'm sorry, i only come when i have doubts, but i love you all from the deep of my heart :)

Anyway, this shop near where i live only sells these kind of strings, I've been playin electric bass for 4 years and, sincerely, I havent noticed any difference from string type.

This time i wanna spend a little bit more, and i would like your advice. I usually play the blues, dont slap/pop, and like deep sounds.
    I'm looking for a good quality/price/sound -as everybody always is -

Shop on the strings page

Thank you so much for your time guys, seriously :)
  2. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

DR Marcus Miller FatBeams.
  3. dmac1961

dmac1961 Supporting Member

Decent selection as long as you don't want flats.
  4. GIBrat51

GIBrat51

Well, lots of people will say that it depends a lot on what you're putting them on. Generally, I would think nickel strings would work well for blues. Most of my basses (10 out of 15) have the nickel Hybrid Slinkys on them; includes hollowbodys, solids, and all the neck types. I like to play blues, too, as well as rockabilly, and early rock; the Slinkys seem to work well for me. I don't like D'Addarios, as a rule; they're very good strings, but for some reason they feel "creepy" to me. My other basses have different strings to get a very specific sound: Rotosound 66's for the violin bass; Fender strings for the original P-Bass thump (has the bridge cover & mute, too) on the P; etc., etc. From the limited choice you have, though, I would have to agree with mmbongo; the DRs , or (my choice), the Hybrid Slinkys, would seem to be the best choices. good luck, with whatever you decide on.:D