Restricted Choice - Which is better?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Cuniliguns, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Cuniliguns

Cuniliguns

Guys,

I'm sorry, i only come when i have doubts, but i love you all from the deep of my heart :)

Anyway, this shop near where i live only sells these kind of strings, I've been playin electric bass for 4 years and, sincerely, I havent noticed any difference from string type.

This time i wanna spend a little bit more, and i would like your advice. I usually play the blues, dont slap/pop, and like deep sounds.
    I'm looking for a good quality/price/sound -as everybody always is -

Shop on the strings page

Thank you so much for your time guys, seriously :)

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

DR Marcus Miller FatBeams.

3. dmac1961

dmac1961

Media:
    Decent selection as long as you don't want flats.

4. GIBrat51

GIBrat51

Well, lots of people will say that it depends a lot on what you're putting them on. Generally, I would think nickel strings would work well for blues. Most of my basses (10 out of 15) have the nickel Hybrid Slinkys on them; includes hollowbodys, solids, and all the neck types. I like to play blues, too, as well as rockabilly, and early rock; the Slinkys seem to work well for me. I don't like D'Addarios, as a rule; they're very good strings, but for some reason they feel "creepy" to me. My other basses have different strings to get a very specific sound: Rotosound 66's for the violin bass; Fender strings for the original P-Bass thump (has the bridge cover & mute, too) on the P; etc., etc. From the limited choice you have, though, I would have to agree with mmbongo; the DRs , or (my choice), the Hybrid Slinkys, would seem to be the best choices. good luck, with whatever you decide on.:D

5. Register to disable this ad