Reunion Blue Continental gig bag

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 2string1, Dec 8, 2013.

1. 2string1

2string1 Supporting Member

2. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

If you do a search in the Misc. section of the site, I did a full review of this bag a few months ago. Should be easy to find.

GREAT bag, but it is big. Probably the most protection in a hybrid bag on the market. It is moderate weight, pocket size is average (plenty for cables, strap, a few pedals, etc.).

I really like it. Comfortable on the back, but again, you give up the sleek size and feel of the Contego (my favorite bag) for significant protection. Super high quality also.
  3. jeffbonny

jeffbonny _____________ Gold Supporting Member

I used a Continental for a while and in terms of bulk and weight it's pretty much a hardshell case with backpack straps. Protection-wise I guess I'd rather trust my bass to a Continental than a stock Fender type case but if you're looking for the portability of a real gig bag keep looking. Honestly I'm not really sure where the Continental fits in.....it's not enough protection to fly with and for most it's bulky overkill for around town.
  4. joe vegas

joe vegas

somewhat bigger and heavier than a gig bag, but a tank in terms of protection.
    well worth any $$ and size adjustments for complete piece of mind. think The Tumbler vs. a VW Rabbit.

also makes my beloved older Levy's gigbag (the one before they reduced the padding dramatically) feel like a flimsy burlap sack by comparison.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. happyg

happyg

I've been using one for about 2 years now. Great bag. It has held up great and does its job well.
  7. MostlyBass

MostlyBass Supporting Member

I've also had one for about two years now. Love it. Bass is well protected, quality construction, solid straps and plenty of pocket space.
  8. Timmah

Timmah

I own and love one- it's the only case I'll trust my bass to. It's comfortable to wear and keeps the bass safer than the gig bag or hard case I had previously owned. Like others have said, however, it is a bit big.
  9. 2string1

2string1 Supporting Member

Well I guess I'm still on a mission to find the right one for me. I don't want big and bulky. I don't need all the pockets. Just a good quality,slender light weight bag with shoulder straps that I can tuck away when I'm not using them. The Reunion Blues Renegade is a great size and has a zippered pouch for the shoulder straps,but has no neck block inside. I can't seem to find the one that has everything I want. Is the Mono M80 big and bulky too?
  10. FunkyMcNasty

FunkyMcNasty Supporting Member

I much prefer a Reunion to a hard case. They hold the bass better in most instances, and weigh less than most. As far as hybrid bags go the Reunion, Mono, and Contego are most well known IMO. Below is my experience with those three; may have gone overboard.

I had the Reunion Blue and the Mono M80 at the same time. I compared them apples to apples and ended up keeping the Reunion. The reunion was slightly deeper, front to back, than the M80 which is what I'd consider "bulk". It had comparable pocket space with a slight edge going to the Mono. But in the end it was the durability and safety of the Reunion that sold me. Those things are solid. The Reunion just feels much more protective than the M80. I thought that its added "bulk" was not more than an inch or so and made a huge difference in stability.

Not to bandwagon, but I am also a big fan of the Contego, maybe my favorite all time, but sold it with a guitar that it came with. I did not mention it compared to the Reunion above because I did not have them at the same time. I can say that the Contego feels more solid, less pliable, than the Mono. Felt like the Reunion in that way.

My only complaint about the reunion is that the strap height is low on the case, so when its on my back I can't walk through doorways without getting hung up on the top. I don't remember how the Contego or M80 were in that aspect. That can be really annoying when trying to load in with a couple cabs and your bass, only to reach a doorway and have to put everything down, walk in, and start over.

**EDIT** Just fyi, I looked up the specs on the M80 and the Reunion.

Reunion: 9 lb, 7" deep
    M80: 5 3/4 lb, 6.5" deep