1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Reunited and it Feels So Gooood (77 Jazz Content)!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I sold this a few years back to a TBer and it was sold again to another TBer (via Craiglist). Well that guy figured out it was once mine (via TB), contacted me and I got her back (THANK YOU TBer CarpCutter!!!)! She's still in the same condition as when I took these pics a few years ago. The only difference is that the original bridge it now back on her (vs the BA-II).

She is one of a gem of a 70's Fender. Many were heavy and/or not built well. This one is under 10 lbs, tight neck pocket and plays great (low, buzz-free action)! Original pickups, pots, pickguard, etc that all date to 1977. Lovin it!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. madmic

madmic

Yes! Very Nice!
  3. Quadzilla

It really is awesome! Thanks!
  4. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

I remember that bass, and wanting it, back then you had it for sale for $1977 bucks which I thought was clever.
  5. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59

Congrats. There's nothing like getting an old friend back. Makes playing it again extra special.:)
  6. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

You lucky dog! There's a few basses I wish I could find and get back.
  7. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Disclosures:
    Bassist
    Cool story.

It's also one of the nicest ash bodies I've seen in a 70's Fender, especially at that weight.

congrats on getting it back :bassist:
  8. Quadzilla

Agree, the grain is just awesome and it's weight is very low for a 70's Fender. It plays great too!! ;-)
  9. -=DanAtkinson=-

-=DanAtkinson=- Supporting Member

That's a fine looking lady. Would like to get my hands all over her.
  10. Quadzilla

Come to Maryland and I'll pimp her out to you! :p:D ;)
  11. Quadzilla

Yeah, there are a few more that I have sold in the past that I wish I had now!!!
  12. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz
    Looks like its in unplayed condition - the case looks used, not the bass. Beautiful Jazz Bass. Congrats on reuniting!
  13. Quadzilla

Unplayed condition, no, but yes, she is in excellent condition and all original (original bridge is now back on her). Thanks man!!!!