Reverb Forever

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Bajosintrastos, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Bajosintrastos

Bajosintrastos

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Sandberg Basses Basses. EBS Amps/Effects
    Hi,
    I would love to know how Mr. Manring keeps the sound running like a "Freeze pedal" on some intros intros.
    I know there should be a reverb and delay, plus volume from the bass and control when new notes are welcome to the "loop " with the expression pedal ¿?.

I'm looking for some kind of info on parameters on those effects. Sounds wonderful, thanks.

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Thanks so much for your interest. The effects I use are nothing special -- just delay, reverb and so on, as you mentioned. I like to program the patches I use myself so I can tailor them to my specific needs and I think this is the key issue for me -- I see effects as an extension of the instrument and I try to treat them with the same focus and sensitivity. I don't have a particular strategy I use in setting parameters and things change with each patch and with each bass. I suppose it's about trying to come up with interesting potential and then trying to interact with that in an appealing way. I hope that makes sense!

3. Bajosintrastos

Bajosintrastos

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Sandberg Basses Basses. EBS Amps/Effects
    Thanks Michael.