1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Reverse style tuners on Classic Vibe J Bass?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassdeluxe57, Feb 7, 2013.

1. bassdeluxe57

bassdeluxe57

I've been looking into doing some mods on a Squier J Bass that I have. I have several options including buying a neck, replacing one neck with another and several other options. I may be able to acquire a Squier Classic Vibe J Bass at a reasonable cost and was wondering if it has the Vintage reverse style tuners.

This is a must option. The neck I want to replace has medium jumbo frets and regular tuning pegs. Not to my liking. No one seems to be able to tell me if the Classic Vibe J Bass' have the reverse tuners that I prefer. Anyone out there know for sure. Thanks in advance.
  2. lonote

lonote

No, they don't have reverse tuners.
  3. bassdeluxe57

bassdeluxe57

Thank you for the reply/info. I searched reviews and descriptions but wasn't getting anywhere. I do have a couple more questions.
    Do the CV J-Bass have vintage style frets, the very thin ones? And is the neck profile really thin like the '62 J-Bass'.
    I know the neck radius is 9.25 which is slightly different than the '62 which is 7.25 but I could possible live with that.
    Thank you very much in advance if anyone can answer those two questions. Viva Talk Bass.