1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Reverse style tuners on Classic Vibe J Bass?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassdeluxe57, Feb 7, 2013.

1. bassdeluxe57

bassdeluxe57

I've been looking into doing some mods on a Squier J Bass that I have. I have several options including buying a neck, replacing one neck with another and several other options. I may be able to acquire a Squier Classic Vibe J Bass at a reasonable cost and was wondering if it has the Vintage reverse style tuners.

This is a must option. The neck I want to replace has medium jumbo frets and regular tuning pegs. Not to my liking. No one seems to be able to tell me if the Classic Vibe J Bass' have the reverse tuners that I prefer. Anyone out there know for sure. Thanks in advance.

2. lonote

lonote

No, they don't have reverse tuners.

3. bassdeluxe57

bassdeluxe57

Thank you for the reply/info. I searched reviews and descriptions but wasn't getting anywhere. I do have a couple more questions.
    Do the CV J-Bass have vintage style frets, the very thin ones? And is the neck profile really thin like the '62 J-Bass'.
    I know the neck radius is 9.25 which is slightly different than the '62 which is 7.25 but I could possible live with that.
    Thank you very much in advance if anyone can answer those two questions. Viva Talk Bass.