Review my band's video

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by capncal, Dec 26, 2012.

1. capncal

capncal

2. mcglyph

mcglyph

Media:
    Ok. The music is pretty alright. Unfortunately, I hit the fast forward button about 45 seconds before the video sort of settled down. Way too much camera movement, not enough settled, clear focus. Can't imagine anyone professional did this on purpose. I can feel the bouncy camera thing for a little bit, got to settle down to something more akin to normal sooner, or I fear the watcher is going to be moving to another channel or video. The later bits with the psychedelic motif are actually preferable even though they are indistinct as they are a "cleansing" of the pallet. Redo this. Take out much of the continuous bouncy camera thing, leave most of the shots of the venue, they are good stuff. Let's see round 2.

You know, it doesn't even have to be clear shots, you could just do more non bouncy fuzzy and it would be ten times more tolerable.
  3. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    Like the song don't like the video. Too much high speed movement. Made it difficult to watch.
  4. pb9717

pb9717 Supporting Member

good tune...nice build up ....not mainstream ( a compliment) dug it.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Fantastic song but it was like watching the movie "Cloverfield" some of the best music videos are the simplest.
  7. Salamenster

Salamenster

I tought the music had a bit of a Led Zeppelin touch. The video on the other hand... meh.
  8. capncal

capncal

Gracias gents. Keep 'em coming.
  9. Joe Murray

Joe Murray

The video and band have a very professional look.
  10. Smilodon

Smilodon Supporting Member

Music is good, but the video sort of looks like a serious encoding error. ;)

Seriously though, The video is way too "jumpy". There isn't much to focus on. I find my eyes trying to focus on the vocalist, but as soon as my eyes can lock on, the camera move away in a sudden move. I started feeling a bit dizzy after a while. Also, the effects and speed of the video doesn't sync very well with the music. The video seems to move much faster than the music.
  11. Stewie26

Stewie26 Gold Supporting Member

Wow...someone spent many hours in the edit mode to put this video together. Like others say, the editor got carried away with the choppy in and out edits that continue for over six minutes which in turn fatigues the eye. . A lot of the still shots are repetitive so viewer loses interest in a short time. The audio track is good and I like the song. BTW, if you upload at 720P, instead of 360P, your audio will have even higher fidelity.
  12. eCommerce

eCommerce

I liked the music too. The guitar was a little too ambient for me but I definitely dig the feel of the song - good stuff! Being another impartial viewer I would have to agree with some of the earlier posters - it was a bit difficult to watch. Looks like a really cool venue but there's was just no time to focus on anything. Musically though you get a thumbs up from this guy!
  13. kentiki

kentiki

After about 1-2 minutes the choppiness was too much.
  14. Phalex

Phalex Yeah, I've got the moves like Jagger. Supporting Member

I like the tune! It's better if I don't watch the video.
  15. FuManChu

FuManChu

I like the song but the video is a distraction instead of enhancing anything. The editing is cool, EXCEPT that the choppy/speed effect should have been used about once every 30 seconds maximum. What about mixing some footage in which the audio and video are actually in synch with each other in real time to create contrast from the choppy stuff?
  16. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

Nice job with the song, but I did not dig the video at all. It actually kept me from listening to the whole song.

As a viewer, I was waiting for the video to settle in and become connected to the music...it never did. As an editor, I got the impression that there was very little material to work with; much less than what would have been needed, and an attempt was made to make a video anyway, trying to cover the lack of material with effects.
  17. Mulebagger

Mulebagger Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, DR Strings, GK
    dig the song, but I stopped the video just in time to avoid a seizure.

The tune had a nice grooving pace to it that the video did not compliment well at all.

Nice tune though.
  18. F-Clef-Jef

F-Clef-Jef

Really like the song - really, really hated the video. Made me rip my eyes out and throw them. It was worth it.

Just kidding. I couldn't watch anymore after about a minute, but I kept listening. Good sound, good song.
  19. Massimo636

Massimo636

The song and recording came out well, but I have to join the mob and say that you should redo the video.

The choppy thing gets fatiguing very quickly and I felt compelled to just listen instead of watch. Maybe save that idea for the guitar solo only for extra effect, but I definitely wouldn't use it throughout. I would lean toward using the psychedelic effect with much slower cycling through the pics as a baseline. Still quirky, but more relaxing to watch.
  20. boristhespider9

boristhespider9

This...and I've never even had a seizure before. It got painful.

I think it would have been cool to actually watch you playing this song in the concert you chopped up for the video with some minor enhancements. Let the music and playing speak for itself without the gimmicky editing.
  21. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I'm really digging the song I will definitely buy it and with video editing one rule I was taught is " Just because you can doesn't mean you should"