Review of Todd Johnson's "Improvisation Module Method"

Discussion in 'Ask Todd Johnson' started by Shungg, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Shungg

Shungg

Dear TBers

As an avid fan of instructional books and video lessons on bass playing, I purchased Todd Johnson's "Improvisation Module Method" 2 months ago. At the same time I had been setting up a blog to review these material, as I have amassed an unreasonable number of books/videos. By reviewing them I hope people will not fall into the same trap of overbuying, or working on material not suitable for their stage of progress!

Anyhow, I decided to write my first review on Todd Johnson's "Improvisation Module Method", because in my personal opinion it has been the most straight-forward and practical method to help one get into the art of improvisation. So much so that I really wish I had access to material like this when I first started taking an interest in jamming to jazz tunes.

Here is the in depth review:
    http://thecluelessbassist.wordpress...of-todd-johnsons-improvisation-module-method/

It is my first time writing a review so I hope you pardon the sloppiness, and any advise on future reviews will be greatly appreciated.

Once again I would like to thank Todd Johnson for the great module, and I sincerely cannot wait for the next instalment!

2. GastonD

GastonD

I agree with such view. Todd has managed to really make sense of one's command of scales and/or arpeggios, plus doing it in such a pleasant manner that it is a true pleasure practicing in this way.

3. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

Guys.... THANK YOU for your kind and thoughtful words. Much appreciated. I'm thrilled my videos have helped you improve.

Work hard....have fun....enjoy the "process".... and don't hesitate to let me know how I can be of benefit in the future!!

Humbly,

4. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Disclosures:
    AFM International Representative
    +1 to all said above. I too have looked at many improv methods and have been telling others about it and even purchased a copy for a friend.

Wally

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SR505bassman

SR505bassman

Nice review Shungg, thanks for sharing it with us :)