REVSound 1210T Prototype

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Mulebagger, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Mulebagger

Mulebagger

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Tsunami Cables, DR Strings, GK
    Hi Guys and Gals,
    I've had the Rev 1210T prototype to demo for a few days now and shot a quick vid to capture some of the vibe of the cabinet. I know the final version will be tweaked some with the drivers and the porting or speaker isolation within the box.

I'm not really giving a review as it wouldn't mean much since the design will change. What I would like to say is that I'm pleased with the sound profile of this cab. In this version at least, the cabinet gets very loud while retaining it's character.

My take in a nutshell: the cab sounds good, is well built, and light.
    Of course there will be questions and discussions about which is a better cab design, but I'm not much for those discussions. If I like a cab I play it.

For the sake of understanding the parameters of the clip:

I was using my Aguilar ToneHammer 500 set flat, with the drive off, gain around 10 and the master around 8.
    My Modulus VJ has barts with a two band pre. It was also set flat with the pan centered.

The recorder is a Zoom Q3HD set on my Aguilar 412 about 9 feet away.

I'm expecting my REVSound 2x12 soon and I'll share my thoughts on that one more in depth.

So my purpose for the post is just to show a clip of one of the sound profiles of the cab. I'd gig the cab no problem. It weighs nearly half of what my current 2x10 weighs.

Thanks for checking it out.
    Derrick

2. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsments listed in profile
    Hi Derrick

I'm glad the guys where able to hook you up.

I can hear that VJ sound so clear, I know that tone all so well.

The video to me is good representation of punch without sacrificing a nice modern J bass tone. ;)

Is that the Bart 2b eq on board?

3. Mulebagger

Mulebagger

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Tsunami Cables, DR Strings, GK
    Yep, I'm using a Bartolini 2 band but its all set flat.
    Also using Zon Alex Bershadsky signature strings.