1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

RevSound T8 - first impressions...

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by climber, Mar 28, 2014.

1. climber

climber

David Luke, owner of RevSound, brought his latest design, the T8, over to my house mid-afternoon early this week. This cabinet has 8 8" speakers and a switchable bullet tweeter. It's got a unique ported design that I've never seen before, it 40" high and weighs 48 pounds! I'd never seen or played through it, tho I'd heard about it. I plugged it into my LM II and my bass and just played for about 15 minutes. My comments in this video as I'm playing are totally off the cuff, based on what I was hearing. Try to listen to it on reasonable speakers to hear what I was hearing. If you live in NH you owe it to yourself to get in touch with David and at least try the T8 out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV4DDheEZZk

By way of disclaimer, I am a "RevSound artist" and I have an RS201 and 110T, which I use all the time. That said, I also own an Epifani UL210 and Peavey 210, as well as a JBL E140 Cabaret. However the only cabinet I'm using these days is the RS210 because I just like how it sounds.

For anyone who may be interested, the bass I'm playing is one I made myself back in '78. The body is Hondurus mahogany with maple stringers. The neck is from a '72 Fender jazz with an added 1/4" thick ebony fingerboard. It has original EMG pickups and a Bartolini preamp. I've had it so long and played it so much it's like my lover! ;-)

Bassman8416 likes this.
  2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Watch out for the g-string. Those things can get a guy into trouble!! :D

3. climber

climber

gots to agree with that... ;-)