1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

rewiring a Sansamp ADI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by basss, Feb 12, 2014.

1. basss

basss Supporting Member

Anyone know if it would be possible to wire the the "input to XLR" jack on my sansamp Acoustic DI directly to the 1/4" output? This would give me a 2 channel preamp - one with effects, one clean.

I'd like to be able to plug 2 basses with different EQ settings into the same amp. I could go into the effects loop but I'd rather not have the amps EQ affected by the outboard pre.

[​IMG]

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Bad idea, sorry. Passive mixing like that often results in ground loops, hum, noise, feedback, and tone suck. You need an active mixer or an A/B switcher.
    Check out the Providence preamp that was mentioned recently, should still be on the front page of the forum. It will be perfect for you.
    If you plug into the loop return it BYPASSES the amps EQ. If you run the preamp into the amp's normal input then it is in SERIES with the amp's EQ, so that is where the amp's EQ would be most "affected" by the outboard pre.

3. basss

basss Supporting Member

Thanks - I thought this probably wouldn't work but thought I'd ask. The Providence looks great but a bit out of my price range. I know that the effects loop bypasses the amps EQ. I don't want the amps EQ affected by the pedal.

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    For cheap, get a Boss LS-2 and add whatever EQ you like or can afford.

5. Register to disable this ad