1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

ric-o-sound problem

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Low Sound Love, Jan 19, 2014.

1. hi, need some Talkbass wisdom here.

I recently bought a late 90's Rickenbacker 4003 bass. I tried using the ric-o-sound option, but something 's not working right.

This was the setup:

Rick 4003, stereo output, using Y-cable (1 stereo to 2 mono plugs)
    plug A -> Ampeg rig
    plug B -> Aguilar rig

Pretty simple setup, just for the purpose of experiment.

Now this was the result: I only got any sound from the Aguilar rig. Nothing whatsoever through the Ampeg. I tried switching the mono leads but the results were the same.
    But: when I switched the Aguilar head to standby, the signal went to the Ampeg rig :confused: Like the Aguilar is claiming all the signal, until it's put on standby.

Any hints?

2. Thanks for the hint, but that is what I've been doing, stereo out jack only. Not both outputs.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. kcole4001

kcole4001

Oct 7, 2009
    Nova Scotia
    Which pup's signal are you getting?
    It sounds like a pretty weird situation, but it may be a problem with the splitter cord.

Also, does the pup switch work normally in mono mode?
    Often the contacts need cleaning or re-bending to make good contact, but that doesn't seem like your issue.

5. yes, volume knobs were maxed and the pickup selector was in the middle position. I might try to take a look at the stereo out jack.