Richmond Music Center (VA) CLOSES DOWN

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HeavyJazz77, Dec 31, 2013.

1. HeavyJazz77

HeavyJazz77 Supporting Member

A sad, sad day here in Richmond...

RMC was the city's premier choice for both the pro and amateur musician. Killer gear, competitive pricing, great layout, solid technician (Dave), tons of lesson opportunities, humble and knowledgeable staff... I worked for them from 2001-2003 as a transitional gig and it was just one of those places where the employees were serious about helping people find the right tools to hone their craft. The local box stores never have or will be able to hold a candle to the level of service and professionalism this business demonstrated.

Sorry to see you go, RMC! In my judgment you were the best choice for the discerning, Richmond musician.
  2. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

I'm sorry to hear that.

When I lived in Richmond I shopped there a good bit. They were by far the best place to shop in Richmond. The Richmond GC is um... not the best. In fact, comparing it to other Guitar Centers that I know well in Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania, I'd rate it at the bottom.

This is indeed a sad day.

This thread should probably move to misc.
  3. Want a 9

Want a 9

Bummer. I liked that store. I live about four-and-a-half hours away form there, so I only went there every year or so.
  4. megafiddle

megafiddle

I'm only about an hour away, but have never been there, sorry to say.

Why did they go?

-
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. verycoolname

verycoolname

Bummer. Made a quick stop there when I was touring VCU. Was a really nice store, and it's a shame I won't be able to shop there if I attend the university.
  7. Bass1965

Bass1965

I took lessons for three years there. Learned a great deal. Very sad day.
  8. dadofsix

dadofsix

That's very sad. I also lived 4 hours away but I always tried to get in there 2-3 times a year. Good folks there and some nice guitars. They didn't show any signs of distress the last time I was there. I, too, wonder what happened.