1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

rick project

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by modulusan, Jan 12, 2013.

1. modulusan

modulusan Supporting Member

I got some plans and Im starting this cool build.
    Im using native woods and I think will be a nice bass... I got some parts yesterday and truss rod and cream binding will arrive next week I think...
    special thanks to Talkbasser Chromium to send me a few measures...:bassist:

some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. modulusan

will be nice if someone could help me to choose the pickguard color...Im thinking white, black...wood?
  3. f64

f64

I'd go without one. You've got some nice bearclaw in the wood - I wouldn't cover it up.
  4. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Use a real bridge ...

For the pickguard white or black will work.
  5. modulusan

the bridge I have is wrong?
  6. MPU

MPU

It is a Ric bridge. Whether that is a real bridge is another thing. If I made a Ric copy once again I'd use a Hipshot bridge.
  7. modulusan

Thanks...ill try to do the best I can with what I have..
  8. sledz

sledz

Lovely project. I agree pickguard is looks cool without pickguard.

I would not. Hipshot Rick replacement is most crappy bridge I've ever had, either alu or brass. For my new Rick I'm going to use Badass or anything, but not the replacement (saddles move, leap out and lower due to vibrations)...
  9. MPU

MPU

That bridge is a bit fiddly to adjust and may need extra screws onn the tail to make sure the tail does not lift up. Otherwise it is usable bridge and for looks it's the best solution. So you have nothing to worry.
  10. modulusan

I think using 0,40 strings (what i use) and with the a little short scale will be not necessary a extra screw...