Rickenbacker 75th Anniversary Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lowendbob, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Lowendbob

Lowendbob

Rickenbacker is making 75 limited edition 4003 models for their 75th anniversary. :hyper: More news on this at the RIC site.
    All 75 models where sold out in less than 5 hours on Friday Sept. 1st.

Has anyone other than The Ric Resource Forum or Rickenbacker Forum menbers get their hands on one?
  2. vyse933

vyse933

if i may say so myself. JEEEEEEzzzzlewiz they went quick.
  3. tplyons

tplyons

Don't see any info on the basses themselves. Care to elaborate?
  4. jonathan_matos5

jonathan_matos5

there is a guy on the harmony central forum that bought one he hasnt received it yet though.
  5. Mitchell Royce

Mitchell Royce

[​IMG]

What's not to like?
  6. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

With current build times of 16-18 months, do these people expect to get theirs before Ric's 77th Ann? Or do you think Ric will bump the Anniversary model to the front of the line?

:eyebrow:
  7. mike_v_s

mike_v_s

I think all of these are the preorders...meaning none of the basses have been built yet. Tplyons: check the Ric website under "News". Looks to be a cosmetic job (a nice one, imo). Gold pickguard with 75th anniversay logo, gold trussrod cover....etc.

Mike
  8. mike_v_s

mike_v_s

The kind of folks that bought these are willing to wait even longer if need be. When the Lemmy edition hit a few snags a while back, some of those guys waited YEARS to get them. By the time they got the bass, it had doubled or even tripled in value.

Mike
  9. keb

keb

Direct link to the news bit: http://www.rickenbacker.com/news_item.asp?news_id=41&news=recent

I don't think they've even been built yet, aside from the one(s) that were around for the 75th anniversary shindig (I've seen pics of people playing an anniversary 4003 but I think that was the only one in existence thus far.) "Sold out" means that all 300 allotted anniversary instruments have been spoken for by people putting down deposits, etc.
  10. incubus2432

incubus2432

Ric is saying they'll be built this year since they are models to celebrate this year. I guess they get priority in the production schedule.

The color is nice and the anniversary pickguard looks OK but I was a little underwhelmed by the offering. Checkerboard binding, special inlays and/or vintage p/u's could have gone a long way IMO.
  11. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

None have been made todate other than the one 4003 displayed at the 75th Anniversary party last weekend.

Other than the special finish and pickguard/TRC, they're a standard 4003. Because of this they can be easily slotted into production before the end of the year. The same goes for the 330, 360 and 660 models.

If anyone is disappointed that there's no checkered binding on the 4003, you could always have the binding changed to checkered by a qualified luthier.

The 660 does come standard with full width neck inlays and checkered binding, so they will be extra special.

TD