1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Rickenbacker refret

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bygoneguy, Feb 25, 2013.

1. bygoneguy

bygoneguy

Can someone please give me a rough estimate on what the cost of a complete refret of a rickenbacker 4001 would be?

Thank you in advance.
  2. Beej

Beej

Bound neck right? Between $300-$350 in my neck of the woods. I'm in Victoria...
  3. bygoneguy

bygoneguy

Thank you.
  4. JLS

JLS Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    Finished fingerboard, too...
  5. bygoneguy

bygoneguy

Hey guys, thank you again for the replies. That was pretty much around what I figured it would be. In the end for the amount of work that would have needed to be done on this bass it wasn't worth what they were asking. Thanks for saving me the headache.
  6. FourStringPop

FourStringPop

Hey guys, I am from Long Island, New York. I have a '97 4003 Fireglo. Bought it off eBay a while back. The guy who owned it didn't take very good care of it. Because I have had all these neck issues. I just had it adjusted and set up at the local music store, great place. The tech mentioned something about a refret. I was wondering, are there any bassists here on Long Island that would know what a good price for a refret would be?