1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Riff library

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by thunderkyss, Dec 24, 2013.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss

Do you keep a collection of bass riffs?

Like if you come up with something cool, do you record it & save it for another day?

If so, how?
  2. MostlyBass

MostlyBass Supporting Member

I have a couple Moleskine staff paper notebooks that I write things in.
  3. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Non Serviam Supporting Member

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I was using spiral-bound staff paper notebooks of the el-cheapo variety. Then I picked up one of these, and I have been very pleased so far. I've also used it to record rehearsals and gotten results that are demo-worthy.

[​IMG]
  4. bludog

bludog Supporting Member

I keep it simple. Just use the voice memo on my iphone. Captures the idea in seconds and I can email it to myself from the app. Sound is absolutely good enough for just getting it on record to reference later. I save them in a folder in my email and then I know where to easily find them. A little keywording to help me search and it's a simple, digital library.