1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Rig configuration help!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by des rats, Jun 30, 2013.

1. des rats

des rats

Hello all. Wondering if someone can help me sort out some configuration issues.

I have a bassman 100 with a matching 2x15 cab. I use a lot of effects and worry about a bit of punch, so I have been trying to figure out how to run a 2x10 along with it. The problem being, the 2x15 is set at 4 ohms, and the bassman can only carry a 4 ohm load. So running two cabs in this configuration without doing some crazy altering (like only running one of the 15'' speakers and an 8 ohm 2x10) is out of the question.

Now I have landed on the idea of running the bassman rig along side the 2x10 with a separate head, so I would be running two amps/cabs at once. Is this overkill? And, if I were to run two heads in to two different cabs, how would I go about this?

Thanks all!

2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Do you like the sound of your rig as it is?

3. des rats

des rats

I do, but I haven't played live with it yet. I am moving from an Ampeg SVT III and an 8X10, so I have some apprehension about no longer playing through 10s.