1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Rig I am trying to buy

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by urb, Dec 11, 2012.

1. urb

urb

So I am trying to negotiate a price on this rig. seller is trying to say 11oo$ I am telling him that is crazy. I think the head is a crate bx 440. ( This is over CL and he is being evasive) and I have seen them for sale for 125 -167. he speakers I can't identify a model # but I am thinking used , maybe 400-500 $.

Can any of you experts point out it's value? Used.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Quite honestly I would pass in the whole thing.

3. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Ditto.

4. basscooker

basscooker

Disclosures:
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    ^this. what's your budget and what are your tone and use goals?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. urb

urb

7. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

+1

5sg.

8. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

+1

If he wants $1100 for it, I can't see you bringing him down far enough for it to be even remotely worth it for you.

As for what it's actually worth, no clue. I know I wouldn't pay much for it.

Let me put it this way. For $1100...or even $600 you could have a significantly better rig. Significantly.

9. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    I probably wouldn't pay 1/4 of what he is asking for that. The price reminds me of the clueless guys I see on CL who pay list for a Squier and demand $500 or they arent listening...

10. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Dingwall ABZ Player Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It's Crate. I wouldn't want it for free.

11. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

Some of the Crate stuff can be real sleepers. But the resale value is horrible. The build quality can leave a lot to be desired in most cases.
    At $1100.00 he is using really good drugs. $450.00 max maybe for the whole rig?

12. basscooker

basscooker

Disclosures:
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    actually a quick search on GC used turned up the 220 head for $87 and the same 410 for $89. i can't see that a 115 and a slightly more powerful head (from the same line) can add $1000 to its value....total it can't be worth more than 300. AND it's that 115+410 combo. search the issue, there's f***tons of threads and posts about it.

13. shaginwagin

shaginwagin

The seller is either crazy or high... No, crazy AND high.

I wouldn't have even contacted him until I seem the price come down to about half.
    For that kind of money you can get some really nice used gear.
    Just pass on it, man.

14. urb

urb

Yeah , this guy really screwed up not taking what I offered. Here is his pitch :
    Make a big impression. Almost 5' tall, rare matched full stack. 1 speaker cabinet holds 4 10" speakers, the other 1 holds 1 18" speaker. 440 watts loud. Looks nice and works great. I will trade for a Tractor, side by side vehicle, atv, boat and motor, 9mm, 357, or 45 handgun, rifle or shotgun, cash and trade or cash. Apraised to $1100 for a complete matched set, but I WILL take LESS $$.......so if you think I'd like something you have, make me an offer.

What I offered was worth a solid 500+ USD.

15. IPYF

IPYF

Only in the USA can you trade your bassamp for a firearm...

16. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Chuckles, nobody wants your overpriced cat scratching post.

17. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Marco Bass Guitars
    Crate's bass cabs weren't too bad, but their heads were horrid, and used values on crate stuff is really really poor... they usually go for less than even Behringer stuff.

18. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    Honestly, I wouldn't take it for free.

If I HAD to buy it, I would guess the head is worth $200 and the cabs $150 each. $450 for the whole rig would be the highest it could possibly really be worth.

Personally, I would recommend buying a used GK 800RB or 700RB-II used for $300-400 and a couple of Peavey, Traynor or GK cabs for $250-300 each.

19. jet_king

jet_king

my dad has that same amp head and he got it for close to $200 and personally i hate the thing. it blew a fuse and my dad hasnt had any love loss for the past 2 or 3 years now.

20. Einherjar

Einherjar

Yeah... My first ever half stack was a crate 100 watt head, and a 1x15. I bought it used for $150. Sounded like garbage but worked for the ****** punk rock I was playing in highschool. For $550 right now I'm playing on a new Hartke LH500 head and a used Peavey 410TVX. may not have the best tone or EQ, but the thing is monstrously loud. You can get a much better deal for $500 used. The guy selling that thing is a ****ing *******.

21. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

I'd pass, but if it works OK, tell him you have a matched set of Daisy BB guns out in the car appraised at $1100.