1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Rig Question ?

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington' started by kentjigga, Oct 2, 2012.

1. kentjigga

kentjigga

Hi Anthony,

I play mostly R+B, Jazz and Rock music...I'm looking for a new rig. I would like to know how do you feel about the Hartke Hydrive rig (LH1000 + 4x10 + 1x15 Cab) and why...

Thanks

Ken:hyper:

2. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Yo Ken,

I've never tried that rig out. I think that's the rig that Victor uses. I'm sure he loves it.

I use the Aguilar DB series cabinets and the AG and TH series heads.

peace,
    anthony

3. kentjigga

kentjigga

Ok.....Just played a Fodera Standard through a GK MB500 and Bergantino HD212...Down at Bass Central....Sounded pretty sweet....

Price was decent....Go Eagles....

Kent

4. sayman

sayman

Wish I could have tried that setup! Just to try a Fodera...

I just got an Aguilar DB 112, tried it with a Hartke head for now. I like the sound, to my ear it's a smooth bottom end, kinda mellow. Of course, the head, bass, and playing style also factors in.

Plan is to get a second one and check out a tone hammer.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

The TH series is killer with the DB and SL cabs. The Aguilar stuff is tight and accurate.

peace,
    anthony

7. sonofabass

sonofabass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Mike Lull,MXR,Gruv Gear, Mono
    You mean there are other amps besides Aguilar?? I don't believe it! :p

8. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

That's the rumor on the street.

But I ain't gonna' tryta' fix something that ain't broke!!

-aw

9. sonofabass

sonofabass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Mike Lull,MXR,Gruv Gear, Mono
    Niether am I ! Bout to rock my TH in the pit of "a chorus line" tonight. Closing weekend!!

10. sayman

sayman

Wow, cool. That's a great endorsement there.

11. Cookye

Cookye

I use that exact combination of cabinets with a Genz 750/1200 heads. Power for days, I use a Fodera Monarch, most of the time, An Alembic Mark King sometimes and a couple fretless basses. The punch, clarity no matter the style it takes it all and makes it sound fantastic. I use the rig for an open jam which I am part of the house band. Every bass player that has plugged into it turns around and praises the sound that they get from it. Fantastic sound whether passive or active bass.

Keep in mind I have never used the TH cabs that Ant. is referring to. I am curious about the Genz UBE series. But I love the Hartke Hydrive.

For reference

[​IMG]

12. sayman

sayman

Took me a while, but finally put together 2 Aguilar DB112's and a Tone Hammer 500. Sounded great at the last gig. They really do seem to sound even better as you get louder, although I didn't have to crank it much at all. House sound guy was very impressed with them as well. So I have a new favorite.