1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Rig Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Corentin, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Corentin

Corentin

I'm looking at getting a new amp that sounds good with both electric and upright basses, that isn't too heavy or large but that can also get fairly loud (maybe in the 300 to 500 watts). I currently have a GK Backline 210 combo, but I don't like the way it sounds when I have to turn it up almost all the way. It's also really heavy for it's size.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a good rig?
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

What is your budget?

Hard to narrow down with out that.

For me, I would be looking to pair a Genz Benz Shuttlemax 9.2 with a fEARless F115.

YMMV
  3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Just about any amp is not going to sound good cranked up close to all the way. You need speaker area and amp power to avoid it.