1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

RIP Dave Brubeck 1930 - 2012

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rfslick, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rfslick

rfslick

Dave Brubeck passed today. Dave was a native of Concord, California, was one of the initiators of the Concord Jazz Festival, and a prominent jazz musician in American history.
  2. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

RIP.

When I was a kid, I listened to his records. I caught on, one day, that they were improvising all that great music between the head and the recap.

Man, I had to learn how to do that...
  3. bassinplace

bassinplace

First jazz album I ever purchased was Time Out. I loved it at first listen and it's still one of my favorites. RIP, Mr. Brubeck. And Thank You.
  4. ric4682

ric4682 Supporting Member

He was a jazz giant. He really brought odd time signatures to light for a lot of people.
  5. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings
    Please use the thread in OT.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.