1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

RIP Kelly Holland (Cry Of Love)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jeff Roller, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Jeff Roller

Jeff Roller Previously rollerberg2000 Gold Supporting Member

Just heard he passed.

Kelly Holland was the prototypical rock vocalist IMO, not many people cover their songs because a) they were never HUGE and b) nobody in the bands around me could pull off his vocals.

Cry of Love was a formative part of my development in my younger life....That band was a bass player's wet dream...

Robert Kearns played a Gibson LP bass when I saw them 20 years ago at the Bijou Theatre in Knoxville TN. They were at the pinnacle of their short career as a band, I've never been that close to something that powerful and dead nuts on in my life.

RIP Kelly, you were awesome man.

2. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

Cry Of Love was a very overlooked band!!!
  3. cableguy

cableguy

I really dug this band. His vocals were familiar, yet very not. Loved some of his phrasing. Peace pipe was such a rocking song. Hiway Jones as well, hell that whole cd got wore out. RIP Kelly
  4. lackthereof

lackthereof

This was such a shame. A real band of plain old "badass" particularly in the low end. Rip Kelly
  5. eriky4003

eriky4003

Sad to hear of his passing. He couldn't have been that old.
    Cry of Love sounded, to me, like a 90's Bad Company. Everyone in that band was great. Too bad Kelly left after their first cd.
  6. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

saw them back when 1st record was out, we could see the the sideline back stage, singer would go back from time to time and lower his face down to some kind of plate sitting on a road case. Gee, wonder what that was all about.

bass, guitar and drummer were super tight and groovin
  7. sizzle

sizzle sunn #91 Supporting Member

was listening to Brother just last weekend, one of the bands im in covers Bad Thing