1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ripper body dimensions?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Phendyr_Loon, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

Hello, I'm in need of some measurements if there's a friendly TBer out there with a Ripper and a ruler.

upper bout-
    waist-
    lower bout-
    thickness-
    butt to upper horn-
    butt to heel-
    butt to lower horn-

Or, if someone has a scale outline they can hook me up with that would be rad.

TIA
  2. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

So far i can only help you with ones i know: thickness is 1 1/2" lower bout is about 14 1/2" and butt to upper horn is 21" i'm building one myself and drew a template based of on tber who had plans on building a g3. I simply changed it to meet ripper specs (with a little twisted touch of mine).
  3. joseplluissans

joseplluissans

4. the baint

the baint Supporting Member

I have a Ripper I’m putting up for sale, but while I still have it I can try to grab those specs for you. Might take me a little bit to get to it - bump this if you haven’t heard from me in a few days.