1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

ROAD CASE ADVICE PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by powermans, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Hi Guys,
    Just picked up one of the last NEW SWR Working Pro 400 heads left here "Down Under". Would appreciate any advice on the right size / brand name / road case to suit the Mother!:help:

2. Canberk

Canberk

Jun 26, 2013
    Istanbul
    ATA hard cases. Their case for pedaltrain mini or pedaltrain jr should work for your amp head.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    It's a 2U head, so any 2U rack mount case will be fine. Road Ready, SKB, Gator, Calzone, Anvil, etc.

You definitely don't want that...

5. Canberk

Canberk

Jun 26, 2013
    Istanbul
    Why not?

6. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    Its a rack mountable amp. Mount it in a rack case?

7. Canberk

Canberk

Jun 26, 2013
    Istanbul
    I thought those cases for mountable rack units are for multiple racks. Never seen a case for just one rack unit. That's why I offered a simple case just to carry it(which sounded a bit stupid to you, I guess:D)

8. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    They make them in all sizes. His amp is a 2u size, so he could grab a 2u rack. Or if he wanted to add anything to the rack he could get a bigger one should he wish. The racks cases also come in different depths, so make sure you get one that is the right size.

9. Canberk

Canberk

Jun 26, 2013
    Istanbul
    Got it. Thank you for the info.

10. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Gold Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    Every city has someone building cases for competitive prices. Contact the larger pro audio rental houses in your area and since they buy a lot of cases they'll point you to who's building them. They may even have something used to sell you as might the case manufacturer.

I'm not a huge fan of the quality of light weight plastic racks like SKB but they are cheaper and easier to move.

11. Thanks for your input gentlemen, i will start looking for a 2U size case and check the depth! That's the info I needed to know ... Thanks again.:hyper:

12. ma4rk

ma4rk

Jun 28, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Drop into Tym Guitars & Tim will sort you out with someone local. Or there is a place called Cliff Electronics near Fortitude Valley that sells the parts if you can make your own.