Roadworn PUP in a Squier CV 60's P Bass?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by lilcrate, Dec 12, 2013.

1. lilcrate

lilcrate Supporting Member

So I bought a roadworn PUP with the intention to buy a cheap squier and throw it in there. I saw a CV I liked a lot and wound up buying it. Do you think I should still try out the roadworn PUP or just leave it alone? I know it's just a matter of opinion, and that's all I'm asking for, your opinion.

2. lilcrate

Nobody has an opinion?

Roadworn P pup vs. Squier CV pup?

3. audioglenn

audioglenn Gold Supporting Member

I can only offer an opinions on the J version of both of those pickups and all I can say is that I like both of them very much! So much that I have a CV Jazz that I've kept original and I put the Roadworn sent in one of my VM Jazz basses. I don't if this will help you or confuse the issue, but it's the truth.

4. lilcrate

Cool that helps I think. Idk I already bought the PUP so I guess I might as well put it in. Just not sure if I should go through the trouble to wind up with almost the same sound/quality.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. audioglenn

audioglenn Gold Supporting Member

One more suggestion: I don't know if your finances will allow this, but you could leave the CV alone and buy a used Affinity Squier P bass and put the roadworn pickup in that. I've seen them going for $65 on Craigs List. The three P basses in my avatar are all Affinitys. I use them to test out different pickups, hardware, and strings. They really are a good deal for the money.

7. lilcrate

Well that was the original plan, but then the CV came along. I don't necessarily want another P. Thanks for your help though.

8. Batmensch

Batmensch

It all depends on how much you like the pickup in the CV. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.