1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Rob Allen Deep 5 Sound Samples

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 77PBass, Dec 10, 2013.

1. 77PBass

77PBass

I originally posted these in the Show Your Rob Allen Basses thread but I thought it might be useful for it to be in its own thread.

These are sound samples I made with my RA Deep 5 with a high C. The audio chain is:

the Deep direct-> Apogee Ensemble ->Logic Pro 9

I recorded at 44.1khz/16 bit and only used the Logic Adaptive Limiter to increase the output gain. The tone controls were set to in the middle on the Deep for the first sample. I rolled off the treble to slightly above off for the rest. I usually use this setting while playing.

When I get a chance, I will do some samples using my Tech 21 VT-Bass pedal set on B-15. I'll also play something that highlights the C string.

photo of the bass:
    [​IMG]

Barney Miller Show Theme (First flat tone, second rolled off treble)

Chain Lightning

Ramble On

Bass Line based on the Charles Mingus composition II B.S.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member

Thanks for doing this and great playing. It's nice to hear instruments that you don't have easy access to.
  3. 77PBass

77PBass

Thanks. When I researching RA instruments, there were less than a handful of sound samples on youtube. I thought this could help someone else considering a Deep.

It would be great if someone with TI Flats on an MB2 or Deep posted sound samples.