1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD Rob Allen Mouse Fretted Special w/Magnetic Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Blues Infidel, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blues Infidel

Blues Infidel Gold Supporting Member

*** Traded ***

This is a very cool and unique bass. I’m not sure if this was a custom build or from a special run. It’s basically like any other fretted Mouse except that instead of having the normal piezo pickup, this one was built with two Seymour Duncan pickups. It also has an interesting gold/copper-colored finish on the top which is slightly transparent.

I own an MB-2 and tonally this Mouse is very different. Like my MB-2, it has a nice ‘woody’ tone to it that you would expect from a chambered instrument. The neck pickup reminds me of a cross between a P-bass and the neck pickup on a Ric. The bridge soloed can sound ‘burpy’ like a Jazz, though it has a little different attack, probably due to the chambered body and short scale. There is a volume control and a pickup balance control mounted on the bridge. It’s really hard to imagine how big this little guy sounds without playing it.

The bass is in excellent shape. The only ding is very small and on the top edge of the bass. There is also a slight rub in the finish over the neck pickup. It’s hard to see, but I assume it’s from the previous owner resting his thumb there. Bass weighs 5.9 lbs. and comes with the original Rob Allen gig bag.

$1400 plus shipping. PayPal is fine, but I can make other arrangements if necessary. I will only ship the bass to a US address.

Will also consider trades (plus cash on my end as appropriate) for a high quality 5 string: Roscoe, Sadowsky, etc.

Any trades would probably need to be no more than 9.5 lbs. Generally speaking, the lighter the better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Free bump. I have one just like this (didn't realize the pups were SD, thought they were Bill Lawrence or Kent Armstrong, no matter). This bass plays like butter, has a huge organic low end, and a really nice, acoustic-y woody tone (at least with TI jazz flats). Crazy good price, too. GLWTS, DM

3. justjake

justjake

wow......that's cool

4. Blues Infidel

Thanks for the info DM. The previous owner said they were Duncans, and told me the model, but I don't remember now what it was. Whatever they are, they sound great.

I can imagine this bass would sound very cool with a set of TI flats.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Blues Infidel

The one on the 'G' side of the bridge is the volume and the one on the 'E' side is blend.

[​IMG]

7. iammr2

iammr2

Where are you shipping from?

8. Blues Infidel

CT

9. Blues Infidel

Trade options updated.

10. Blues Infidel