1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Rob Mercurio's bass with Dragon Smoke

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kewe65, Dec 17, 2012.

1. kewe65

kewe65 Supporting Member

I was curious if anyone knows the bass he plays with these days.

I saw the band this past Friday at the Independent in San Francisco and couldn't get close enough to see what it was.

It's not a p-bass that I've read some people post about in the past.

It has a square head and a body shape resembling an epiphone. It looked like some sort of semi-hollow body as it had a single f-cutout on the top.

This looks like it might be it - it has the square 2 and 2 head on it:
    @ 5:20, @ 7:20ish, good view @ 12:20

This band is impressive - first time i've seen this configuration. definitely appreciate the 'lean' approach compared to Galactic
  2. kewe65

kewe65 Supporting Member

here's a much better view of it:

3. vinnydbass

vinnydbass

4. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member

He uses an old P-Bass for all/most of his Galactic stuff and the Lakland is his backup.

When not playing with Galactic, he seems to use the Lakland almost exclusively these days.

I haven't really asked him about it much but it's got Bartolini's in it.

I've seen him play some other P-basses and a few other basses over the years, but these days the main burst P-Bass and the Lakland seem to be his go to instruments.
  5. Buskman

Buskman

Saw Galactic a few months back - great show, and LOVE that P of his!
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1367871906.625666.jpg

...although he sounds good whatever he's playing! :cool: