1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

rock band drums

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by funnyfingers, Dec 20, 2013.

1. funnyfingers

funnyfingers

Been practicing drums on the rock band drum set without being plugged in. It seems good for practice. It bounces well and you can do those quick triplet drum rolls.

Well you can also plug this into the computer and get a program to play a drum machine. I've seen one with wave files and one with midi. There is a slight delay, enough that drumming isn't very good. It may be my computer as the controller action seems instant when looking in the control panel and seeing which buttons get hit.

So now I want to look at using this for triggers. You could use any wave file you want. You can use the pedal to switch the drum triggers to a secondary. You can even use a second pedal. So you can have 8 triggers easily. There are cymbal extensions, so up that to 12. Add another pedal and up that to 18! Add another drum set and up that to 36!

Anyway, going to see what I can set up.
  2. funnyfingers

funnyfingers

I set this up in Debian Linux with no latency at all. So might be able to make a cool drum set out of it after all.
  3. stonewall

stonewall Supporting Member

TalkDrums.com