Rock 'n' roll band in Los Angeles needs bassist

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by electricity17, Nov 28, 2012.

1. electricity17

electricity17

I'm putting together a band in LA to play original material and we need a bass player. The music is rock 'n' roll with a variety of influences through out the songs, from early Motown/Kinks/Blondie pop to Kills/Dead Weather grooves to Slim Harpo blues. We've been auditioning female singers, and I'm hoping we just found the right person to front the band. I'm playing guitar and we have an incredible drummer on board.

We're looking to rehearse once a week at our practice space in Van Nuys, we're also looking to record an album once we have a few shows behind us. Right now I've written 9 originals with a few more in the works, I've been writing for about a year for this project. Not a pay to play gig, but everyone will share equally in the proceeds.

We're looking for someone with their own transportation and quality gear (we're looking at playing small club gigs initially). You need to be good, your look matters but no strict requirements, backing vocals would be a big plus but not necessary.

Here's a link to a video from our first show to give you an idea of what we're aiming for:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=316013788477377
  2. electricity17

electricity17